Thursday, December 20, 2007

DIALOGUE:)

MAKING ARRANGEMENTS:

Mariona- Hi,Gemma. I've got a new DVD. Do you want to watch it with me?
Gemma- Yeah,of course. When?
Mariona- How about Saturday night?
Gemma-Sorry! I'm busy. I'm going to cinema with my parents.
Mariona- I'm free on Sunday afternoon. What about you?
Gemma-I'm not doing anything.
Mariona-Great. Let's meet on Sunday, then. Do you want to come round to my house at six o'clock?
Gemma-Yes, all right! See you then!



PHONING A FRIEND:

Gemma-Hello?
Mariona-Hi, it's Mariona. Is Gemma there, please?
Gemma-Hi Mariona, it's Gemma.
Mariona-Hi Gemma. Do you want to come reound tonight? I'm going to do a sleepover.
Gemma-Yeah, OK. What time?
Mariona-About eight o'clock. Is it ok for you?
Gemma-OK. See you later!


AT THE TICKET OFFICE:

Mariona-Hi!
Gemma-hi, I'd like two tickets, please.
Mariona-Certainly. How old are you?
Gemma-I'm thirteen and my sister is twenty-five.
Mariona-All right. Si, that's one adult and one child. That's 12.50 pounds.
Gemma-OK.here you are!
Mariona-Thanks. Enjoy your visit.


ASKING FOR TRAVEL INFORMATION:

Gemma- Hi, a return ticket toDidcot, please.
Mariona- OK,but you need to change at Exeter.
Gemma-That's fine. How long does the journey take?
Mariona-About one and a quarter hours.
Gemma-How much is a return ticket?
Mariona-It depends. How old are you?
Gemma- I'm thirteen.
Mariona-Well, you need a child's ticket,then. That's 23.15 pounds.
Gemma-Thanks. Bye Bye!


APOLOGISING:

Mariona-Hey! Girl, hang on a minute.
Gemma- Oh, no. I think we're in trouble.
Mariona- I saw you leave the gate open.
Gemma- Oh, I'm really sorry. I forgot to close it.
Mariona-If you leave the gate open, my goats will got into the other field.
Gemma- Oh, Sorry. I didn't realise.
Mariona-Well, can you remember next time, please?
Gemma- OK. I didn't mean to cause a problem. I'll go and close it.


AGREEING AN D DISAGREEING

Gemma-What's your favourite computer game, Mariona?
Mariona-I really like Sim city.
Gemma- So do I. I think that it's an interesting game.
Mariona-Do you know the game Rayman GOLD?
Gemma-Yes, but I don't like it.
Mariona-neither do I. It's too boring. Adventure games are better.
Gemma-Really? I don't think so. I prefer sports games.


ASKING FOR PERMISSION:

Gemma: Mum, can I go for a walk with Clàudia?
Mariona(mum): Yeah, sure.
Gemma: Cool. Oh, and then can I go to a sleepover at Claudia's house?
Mariona(mum): No, you can't.
Gemma: Why not?
Mariona(mum): Because it's Monday night, and you've got school tomorrow.
Gemma: OK. One thing, can I borrow some money?
Mariona(mum): Yeah, OK. I'll lend you $20. But I'll only lend you the money if you promise to do your homework when you get back. Here you go.
Gemma: OK. I will. Thanks, Mum.






ASKING FOR AND GIVING ADVICE

Mariona: Hey, Gemma. Are you OK?
Gemma: No, I don't feel very well.
Mariona: Why, what's wrong?
Gemma: I've got a sore throat.
Mariona: Have you taken an aspirin?
Gemma: Yes, I have, but I still feel terrible.
Mariona: Well, you should tell the


INTERNET HOROSCOPES

Mariona-Hey, let's read our horoscopes. Look, let's click on this link.
Gemma-Oh,OK,but I don't belive in horoscopes. They're rubbish.
Mariona-Oh, come on! what's your star sign?
Gemma-Leo.
Mariona-Hey, look. 'A great week for Leos!'. You'll receive an invitation from a special person. But you won't have time to study. Don't forget about those exams'.
Gemma- Yeah, don't remind me.
Mariona- So, if Paul invites you to the cinema again, will you say 'yes'? Or will you revise?
Gemma-Don't be silly. Paul isn't going to invite me to the cinema again. But, if he invites me, then of course, I'll go.
Mariona- I thought so.





gemma-marionapunti...

No comments: